FBA Small and Light helps reduce the cost of fulfilling orders for small and lightweight FBA inventory priced under $7 (or under £9 including VAT). Program products are Prime-eligible with standard shipping for Prime customers (3 to 5 business days) and free shipping for non-Prime customers (6 to 8 business days).
How to enrol
- Make sure that package dimensions and weights have been entered in Seller Central before enrolment.
- Remove extra spaces before and after your MSKUs to prevent upload errors.
- Make sure that you have entered MSKUs, not ASINs, into the enrolment file.
- Always review your Processing reports for errors (for Professional selling plans only).
Shipping Small and Light inventory to Amazon
FBA Small and Light has its own prep-and-packing requirements and uses specific fulfilment centers. See Prep and packaging guide and ship your products to the fulfilment center specified by Amazon. A minimum of 24 units per ASIN must be sent in each shipment.
Only products in new condition that measure 16 x 9 x 4 inches or less, weigh 10 oz or less, and are priced at $7 or less are eligible for Small and Light.The product types below are not eligible. (Crushable products, such as potato chips and glass, are eligible as long as they are properly packaged.)
- Restricted products
- FBA Prohibited Products
- Adult products
- Dangerous goods (hazmat)
- Temperature-sensitive products (such as chocolates)
- Products with existing FBA offers that use manufacturer barcodes for tracking instead of Amazon barcodes
- Slow-moving products (ASINs offered on Amazon for more than 90 days that have sold fewer than 25 units in the last four weeks)
- Seller eligibility
The programme is currently only open to sellers who meet certain selection and velocity eligibility criteria. Sellers may suggest qualified ASINs that they want to enrol in the programme for approval by visiting the Small and Light product enrolment page.
- ASIN eligibility
FBA Small and Light is only open to Amazon-approved ASINs that meet the following minimum criteria:
- weigh less than 225 g;
- have dimensions less than 30 x 22.4 x 2.4 cm;
- are priced at £9 or less (including VAT);
- If ASINs are more than 90 days old, they must have sold in the last four weeks (or are expected to sell in the next four weeks if the ASIN was created in the last 90 days) more than or equal to 10 units.
- If ASINs are new-to-website (less than 90 days old), they are eligible for immediate enrolment.
- are listed on Amazon.co.uk;
- are in new condition;
- are not Hazardous products, including items that contain lithium batteries or magnetised material (for more information, refer to the Dangerous goods identification guide);
- are not Adult;
- are not e-cigarettes or related products (whether or not they contain nicotine);
- are not classified as FBA prohibited products;
- Please keep in mind that you need to send a minimum of 24 units per SKU when sending your shipment to a Small and Light logistics station.
For more tutorials and how-tos, check out our Sitruna Guides series!