Amazon stands out as the most rapidly expanding grocer in the UK, setting the pace with its Amazon Fresh service and the added perk of Free Prime delivery. The company's unceasing efforts to broaden its array of products are all aimed at drawing in an even larger customer base.
When considering average basket values, Amazon outshines Tesco and Sainsbury's, aligning more closely with Waitrose. The caliber of products offered plays a pivotal role in determining conversion rates. Notably, the demand for certified organic products is soaring, signaling a strong preference for high-quality offerings.
To cater to this demand, Amazon has rolled out a range of features dedicated to the promotion of certified organic products. Among these features is the dedicated Organic store.
In this article, we will explore the measures Amazon has introduced to sellers of organic products, and how the 3PL you choose plays a pivotal role in preserving your organic certification…
- Certification: In collaboration with esteemed certifying bodies such as Soil Association, Ecocert, EU Organic, Organic 100, and USDA Organic, Amazon strives to uphold the highest standards in organic certification. (For a full list of available certifications, click here).
Ensure your organic products are certified by recognised organic certification bodies as mentioned above, and display relevant certification labels on your product listings to establish credibility. Without clear certification that includes your brand name, Amazon will prevent you from adding claims to your product listing or awarding their “Sustainabilty” badge to your listing.
However, you can quickly resolve listing removals even from legitimately organic products as a result of “unsubstantiated claims” on Amazon by simply removing any uncertified claims from the listing contents.
- 3PL Warehouses: Building on the significance of certification, it’s important to highlight that securing these organic certifications also means that you will need to prove that your entire supply chain is organic certified, including any third-party logistics (3PL) or prep center that you use.
Our 3PL warehouse, Sitruna Logistics, is fully compliant with organic certification requirements, meaning you can store your goods with us prior to FBA and maintain your organic certification.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging: This is the first thing your customer will see, so ensure you are using eco-friendly packaging - we often see negative reviews that have been left for products claiming to be environmentally friendly but come wrapped in a lot of unnecessary plastic. Amazon’s Compact by Design certification is awarded to products with minimal packaging and compact sizing for a lower environmental impact on delivery.
- Health claims: Be particularly cautious about claiming any health benefits of your product and as previously mentioned, ensure you can substantiate any claims you do make with independent documentation.
- Spread the word: There is a huge selection of products on Amazon, so it is imperative to make sure your organic products stand out. Include your credentials in the titles, bullet points, product images and A+ content. A brand story to tell the history and roots of your brand will likely help build customers’ affinity towards your brand and what you stand for. If your brand proudly carries fair trade certification or actively supports local communities, seize the opportunity to let this be known. Your efforts in this direction can truly set your brand apart!
Wrapping things up, navigating the dynamic landscape of Amazon's expansive marketplace demands a strategic approach for organic product sellers. Certification certainly holds the key to success, but remember that it's not limited to the product itself as your 3PL is a key piece to the puzzle. With all of ths knowledge now in hand, go forth and seize the opportunity to stand out amidst the myriad choices, and let your organic products make a meaningful impact in this ever-evolving digital realm. And as you embark on this journey, remember that our team of Amazon experts is just a click away. Don't hesitate to reach out using the button at the top of the page – we're here to help kickstart and boost your organic-selling endeavors!